Latest News

1975 Fly By Night - Rush

 L.P U.S.A · Mercury Records · SRM-1-1023.
Cover concept: Rush - Design: Joe Kotleba - Cover painting: Eraldo Carugati - Photography: Richard Fegley.


 Contraportada.

Etiquetas lados 1 y 2.


 L.P U.K · Mercury Records · 9100 013.

 Contraportada.

Etiqueta lado 1.


Album Lyrics:


Anthem.
(Lee, Lifeson, Peart)

Know that your place in life 
Is where you want to be 
Don't let them tell you that 
You owe it all to me 
Keep on looking forward 
No use in looking round 
Carry your head above the crowd 
And they won't bring you down 

   Anthem of the heart and mind 
   A funeral dirge for eyes gone blind 
   We marvel after those who sought 
   New wonders in the world they wrought. 

Live for yourself, there's no one else 
More worth living for 
Begging hands and bleeding hearts 
Will only cry for more 

Though I know they've always 
Told you selfishness is wrong 
Yet it was for me not you 
I came to write this song.


Best I Can.
(Lee)

Got a living that's rough 
A future that's tough 
You know what I mean 
Blanker's and boasters 
All the bluffers and posers 
I'm not into that scene 

You can tell me that I've got no class 
Look around youl see who's laughing last 
Don't give me speeches 'cause they're oh so droll 
Leave me alone and let me rock and roll 
I do the best that I can 
I'm just what I am 
I do the best I can 
I know just what I am 

Got an itching to rock 
A hate for small talk 
I'm funny that way 
Got my sights on the stars 
Won't get that far 
But I'll try anyway 

I just like to please 
Don't like to tease 
I'm easy like that 
Don't like long rests 
I must confess 
I'm an impatient cat 

Rock and rollin's a scream 
Making millions my dream 
I do that a lot 
But I'll just give it a try 
Won't let good times pass me by 
They're all I've got.


Beneath, Between And Behind.
(Lifeson, Peart)

Ten score years ago 
Defeat the kingly foe 
A wondrous dream came into being 
Tame the trackless waste 
No virgin land left chaste 
All shining eyes but never seeing 

   Beneath the noble bird Between the proudest words 
   Behind the beauty, cracks appear 
   Once with heads held high 
   They sang out to the sky 
   Why do their shadows bow in fear 

Watch the cities rise 
Another ship arrives 
Earth's melting pot, and ever growing 
Fantastic dreams come true 
Inventing something new 
The greatest minds, but never knowing 

The guns replace the plow 
Facades are tarnished now 
The principles have been betrayed 
The dreams's gone stale 
But still let hope prevail 
Hope that history's debt won't be repaid.


By-Tor And The Snow Dog.
(Lee, Lifeson, Peart)

I. At The Tobes of Hades.

The Tobes of Hades lit by flickering torchlight 
The netherworld is gathered in the glare 
Prince By-Tor takes the cavern to the northlight 
The sign of Eth is rising in the air 
By-Tor - Knight of Darkness, 
Centurion of evil - Devil's Prince 

II. Across the Styx.

Across the River Styx out of the lamplight 
His nemesis is waiting at the gate 
The Snow Dog - ermine glowing in the dampnight 
Coal black eyes, shimmering with hate 
By-Tor and the Snow Dog 
Square for battle, let the fray begin..... 

III. The Battle.

 i) Challenge And Defiance
 ii) 7/4 War Furor
 iii) Aftermath
 iv) Hymn of Triumph 

IV. Epilogue.

The battle over and the dust is clearing 
Disciples of the Snow Dog sound the knell 
Rejoicing echoes as the dawn is nearing 
By-Tor in defeat retreats to Hell 
Snow Dog - is victorious 
The land of the Overworld is saved again.


Fly By Night.
(Lee, Peart)

Airport scurry - flurry faces 
parade of passers-by 
people going many places 
with a smile or just a sigh 
waiting, waiting, pass the time 
another cigarette 
get in line - gate thirty-nine 
the time is not here yet..... 

Why try, I know why 
The feeling inside me says it's time I was gone 
Clear head, new life ahead 
I want to be king now not just one more pawn 
Fly by night away from here 
Change my life again 
Fly by night goodbye my dear 
My ship isn't coming and I just can't pretend 

Moon rise, thoughtful eyes 
Staring back at me from the window beside 
No fright, or hindsight 
Leaving behind that empty feeling inside 

   Start a new chapter 
   I find what I'm after 
   Is changing every day 
   The change of a season 
   Is enough of a reason 
   To want to get away 

   Quiet and pensive 
   My thoughts apprehensive 
   The hours drift away 
   Leaving my homeland 
   Playing a lonehand 
   My life begins today.


Making Memories.
(Lee, Lifeson, Peart)

There's a time for feeling as good as we can 
The time is now, and there's no stopping us 
There's a time for living as high as we can 
Behind us you will only see our dust 

So we'll just keep smiling, move onward ev'ry day 
Try to keep our thoughts away from home 
We're travelling all around, no time to settle down 
Satisfy our wanderlust to roam. 

   You know we're having good days 
   And we hope they're going to last 
   Our future still looks brighter 
   Than our past 
   We feel no need to worry 
   No reason to be sad 
   Our memories remind us 
   Maybe road life's not so bad 

From sea to shining sea and a hundred points between 
Still we go on digging every show 
The cities in the land all extend a welcome hand 
Till morning when it's time for us to go.


Rivendell.
(Lee, Peart)

Sunlight dances through the leaves 
Soft winds stir the sighing trees 
Lying in the warm grass 
Feel the sun upon your face 
Elven songs and endless nights 
Sweet wine and soft relaxing lights 
Time will never touch you 
Here in this enchanted place 

I've traveled now for many miles 
It feels so good to see the smiles of 
Of friends who never left your mind 
When you were far away 
From the golden light of coming dawn 
Till the twilight when the sun is gone 
We treasure every season 
And every passing day 

You feel there's something calling you 
You're wanting to return 
To where the misty mountains rise 
And friendly fires burn 
A place you can escape the world 
Where the dark lord cannot go 
Peace of mind and sanctuary 
By loudwater's flow 

We feel the coming of a new day 
Darkness gives way to light a new way 
Stop here for a while until 
The world calls you away 
Yet you know I've had the feeling 
Standing with my senses reeling 
This is the place to grow old 
Till I reach my final day.


In The End.
(Lee, Lifeson)

I can see, what you mean 
It just takes me longer 
I can feel, what you feel 
It just makes you stronger 

You can take me for a little while 
You can take me, you can make me smile.... 

In the end 

I know, I know, I know 
The feeling grows 
I see, I see, I see 
That it's got to be 

I can do, what you do 
You just do it better 
I can cry, like you cry 
It just makes me sadder 

I can shine, like you shine 
It doesn't make me brighter 
If I think, like you think 
It don't make my load any lighter...


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Tus comentarios serán revisados (para evitar el Spam) y publicados en breve.

No tenemos descargas de música (NO music downloads).

Gracias!

Rockronología Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Con tecnología de Blogger.
·