Latest News

1998 This Is Hardcore - Pulp

 C.D U.K - Island Records - CID 8066 524 486-2.


 Contraportada.

 Interior.

 Disco.

 Booklet.

 Booklet.

 Booklet.

 Booklet.

 Booklet.

 Booklet.

 Booklet.

Booklet.


Letras:



The Fear.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Webber)

This is our Music from A Bachelors Den
- the sound of loneliness turned up to ten. A horror soundtrack from a stagnant water-bed & it sounds just like this. 
This is the sound of someone losing the plot - making out that they're okay when they're not. 
You're gonna like it, but not a lot & the chorus goes like this:

Oh Baby, here comes the fear again. 
The end is near again. 
A monkey's built a house on your back. You can't get anyone to come in the sack
& here comes another panic attack. 
Oh here we go again. 

So now you know the words to our song,
pretty soon you'll all be singing along.
When you're sad, when you're lonely & it all turns out wrong. 
When you've got the fear. 
& when you're no longer searching for beauty or love - just some kind of life with the edges taken off. 
When you can't even define what it
is that you are frightened of 
this song will be here. 

Oh Baby, here comes the fear again. 
The end is near again. 
If you ever get that chimp off your back. If you ever find the thing that you lack but you know you're only having a laugh
& here we go again.
Until the end
Until the end.


Dishes.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Webber)

I am not Jesus though I have the same initials -
I am the man who stays home and does the dishes. 
& how was your day? 
Is that woman still trying to do your head in? 
A man told me to beware of 33. 
He said, "It was not an easy time for me" but I'll get through even though
I've got no miracles to show you.

I'd like to make this water wine 
but it's impossible. 
I've got to get these dishes dry. 
Ah...

I'll read a story if it helps you sleep at night. 
I've got some matches if you ever need a light. 
Oh I am just a man 
but I am doing what I can to help you. 

& I'm not worried that I will never touch the stars
'cos stars belong up in heaven 
& the earth is where we are. 
Oh yeah. 

& aren't you happy just to be alive? Anything's possible. 
You've got no Cross to bear tonight. Ah
No not tonight, Ah.
No not tonight, Ah.
I am not Jesus though I have the
same initials.


Party Hard.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Webber)

I used to try very hard to make friends with everyone on the planet. 
I've seen you havin' it, havin' it yeah 
but now you've just had it.
Entertainment can sometimes be hard when the thing that you love is the same thing that's holding you down. 

This man is dangerous, he just shed his load on your best party frock.
Before you enter the palace of wisdom you have to decide: are you ready to rock? Oh can you party with me? 
Can you show me a good time? 
Do you even know what one looks like?

& I don't need to hear your stories again - just get on the floor & show me what you're made of. 
Just what exactly are you made of? 

Baby, you're driving me crazy.

I was having a whale of a time until
your uncle Psychosis arrived. 
Why do we have to half kill ourselves just to prove we're alive?
I'm here whenever you need me & whenever you need me I won't be here. 

& have you ever stopped to ask yourself? If you didn't come to party then why did you come here? Why did you come here? 

Baby, you're driving me crazy.

& do you really know want to know just how come you turned out so dumb? When the party's over will you
come home with me? 

When the party's over will you come home with me? Now the party's
over will you come home to me. 
Will you come home to me?


Help The Aged.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Webber)

Help the aged, 
one time they were just like you,
drinking, smoking cigs and sniffing glue. Help the aged, 
don't just put them in a home, 
can't have much fun in there all on their own. 

Give a hand, if you can, 
try and help them to unwind.
Give them hope & give them comfort 'cos they're running out of time. 

In the meantime we try. 
Try to forget that nothing lasts forever. No big deal so give us all a feel. 
Funny how it all falls away. 
When did you first realise? 
It's time you took an older lover baby. Teach you stuff 
although he's looking rough. 
Funny how it all falls away. 

Help the aged 
'cos one day you'll be older too 
- you might need someone who can
pull you through 
& if you look very hard
behind the lines upon their face you may see where you are headed 
and it's such a lonely place. 

You can dye your hair 
but it's the one thing you can't change. 
Can't run away from yourself, yourself... 

Funny how it all falls away.
So help the aged.


This Is Hardcore.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Webber, Thomas)

You are hardcore, you make me hard. You name the drama and I'll play the part. It seems I saw you in some teenage wet dream. 
I like your get up if you know what I mean. 
I want it bad. I want it now. 
Oh can't you see I'm ready now.
I've seen all the pictures, 
I've studied them forever. 
I wanna make a movie so let's star in it
together.

Don't make a move 'til I say, "Action." Oh, here comes the Hardcore life. 
Put your money where your mouth is tonight.
Leave your make-up on & I'll leave on the light.
Come over here babe & talk in the mic. Oh yeah I hear you now. 
It's gonna be one hell of a night. 
You can't be a spectator. Oh no. 
You got to take these dreams & make them whole. 
Oh this is Hardcore - 
there is no way back for you.
Oh this is Hardcore -
this is me on top of you &
I can't believe that it took me this long. That it took me this long. 

This is the eye of the storm.
It's what men in stained raincoats pay for but in here it is pure. 
Yeah. This is the end of the line.
I've seen the storyline played out so many times before. 
Oh that goes in there. 
Then that goes in there. 
Then that goes in there. 
Then that goes in there. & then it's over. Oh, what a hell of a show 
but what I want to know: 
what exactly do you do for an encore? 'Cos this is Hardcore.


TV Movie.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Webber)

Without you my life has become a hangover without end. 
A movie made for TV: bad dialogue, 
bad acting, no interest. 
Too long with no story & no sex. 
Is it a kind of weakness 
to miss someone so much? 
To wish the day would go away? 
Like you did yesterday. 
Just like you did yesterday. 

& I can't think of a way to get through this pain: 
To be happy again to make it all alright & I know it must be bad 'cos sitting here right now, 
all I know is I can't even think, 
I can't even think of anything clever to
say, to say
So I say why pretend any longer? 
'Cos I need you here with me. 
It's obvious that I miss you so much 
so please say you're gonna stay.
So please say you're gonna stay. 
So please say you're gonna stay.

The night is getting darker
now and there's nothing on TV 
but I'll sit tight 'til morning light. 
Yeah, I'll wait until the day.
Until the day that you say you're gonna stay.


A Little Soul.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Webber)

Hey man, 
how come you treat your woman so bad? 
That's not the way you do it. No, no, no..
you shouldn't do it like that. 
I could show you how to do it right. 
I used to practice every night on my wife now she's gone. Yeah, she's gone. 

You see your mother and me 
we never got along that way you see. 
I'd love to help you but everybody's telling me you look like me
but please don't turn out like me. 
You look like me 
but you're not like me I know. 
I had one, two, three, four shots of happiness. 
I look like a big man but I've only got a little soul. 
I only got a little soul. 

Yeah, I wish I could be an example.
Wish I could say I stood up for you and
fought for what was right. But I never did. I just wore my trenchcoat and stayed out every single night. 
You think I'm joking? Well, try me. Yeah, try me. Yeah come on, try me tonight.
I did what was wrong though I knew what was right. 
I've got no wisdom that I want to pass on. Just don't hang 'round here, no, 
I'm telling you son. You don't wanna know me. 
Oh, that's just what everybody's telling me. 

& everybody's telling me you look like me but please don't turn into me. 
You look like me but you're not like me I hope. 
I have run away from the one thing that I ever made. 
Now I only wish that I could show you - wish I could show a little soul. 
Wish I could show a little soul.


I'm A Man.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Webber)

Laid here with the advertising sliding past my eyes like cartoons from other peoples lives, 
I start to wonder what it takes to be a man. 
Well I learned to drink & I learned to smoke & I learned to tell a dirty joke. 
If that's all there is then there's no point for me. 

*So please can I ask just why we're alive? 'Cos all that you do seems such a waste of time 
& if you hang around too long you'll be a man. 
Tell me 'bout it. Your car can get up to a hundred and ten -
you've nowhere to go but you'll go there again
& nothing ever makes no difference to a man.

So you stumble into town & hold your
stomach in. 
Show them what you've got tho' they 've seen everything. 
Yeah you're a beauty but they've seen your type before. 
You've got no need but still you want, 
so go and book that restaurant. 
The wine will flow & then you'll just
fly away. 

To a man
To a man
That's what I am.


Seductive Barry.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Webber)

Here in the night love takes control. Making me high making me whole. 

I don't know. Oh no, no, no. 
No I don't know. No, no, no. 
No I don't know. 

When I close my eyes I can see you
lowering yourself to my level. 
I don't know where you got those clothes, you can take them off if it makes you feel better. 

Don't stop it now. Now is so right. 
Now as the day slips away 
& we slide into night. 

I open my eyes & you're there,
even better in the flesh it would seem. 
I'm so ready and willing & able it's untrue, 
to act out this love scene & make my dreams come true.
& how many others have touched themselves
whilst looking at pictures of you? 
How many others could handle it if all their dreams came true? 
I don't expect you to answer straight
away, 
maybe you're just having an off day but
I need to believe in you. 
Yes I do. Yes I do. Oh

I want you here in my heart. Here in my head.
Live all your dreams for tonight here in your bed. 

So roll the soundtrack and dim the lights 'cos I'm not going home tonight. 
This love scene has begun. There's nothing left for us to do but get it on. 
Lets make this the greatest love scene
from a play no-one's thought up yet.
I know you're feeling the same as me but what you gonna do about it? 
Now here's an exclusive: 
I've wanted you for years. I only needed the balls to admit it. 
When the unbelievable object meets the unstoppable force there's nothing you can do about it. No. 
I will light your cigarette with a star that has fallen from the sky. 
Breathe in, breathe out, 
I love the way you move. Don't let anyone tell you any different tonight. You are beauty, you are class, 
you showed it all but you still kept a little piece back just for me. 
A little piece back just for me. 
Just for me. 
Oh I don't know how you do it but 
I love the way you do it, when you're doing it to me. 

& if this is a dream then I'm going to
sleep for the rest of my life. 
For the rest of my life
For the rest of my life
For the rest of my life.


Sylvia.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Webber)

You look just like Sylvia: 
Well you look like her to me - 
the way she wore her hair then.
Oh, the way she used to be. 
I've not seen her for a long time 
though I've heard she's still around. 
Her father's living with some girl 
who's a year younger than her. 

She's living in the country now yeah. 
Oh, she's trying to get better. 
Her beauty was her only crime. 
Yeah, I remember Sylvia. 

So keep believing & do what you do, 
I can't help you but I know things are gonna get better. 
& please stop asking 
what it's got to do with you. 
Oh, keep believing 'cos you know that you deserve better. 

Who's this man you're talking to? 
Can't you see what he wants to do?
He thinks if he stands near enough then he will look as good as you. 
Oh, he don't care about your problems. He just wants to show his friends. 
I guess I'm just the same as him - 
I just didn't know it then. 
I never understood you really 
& I know it's too late now. 
You didn't ask to be that way. 
Oh, I'm sorry Sylvia. 

So keep believing & do what you do, 
I can't help you but I know things are gonna get better. 
Yeah you know that you deserve better.
Oh Sylvia.


Glory Days.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Genn)

Come & play the tunes of glory - 
raise your voice in celebration 
of the days that we have wasted in the cafe in the station. 
& learn the meaning of existence in fortnightly instalments. 
Come share this golden age with me 
in my single room apartment 
& if it all amounts to nothing - it doesn't matter, these are still our glory days. 

Oh my face is unappealing 
and my thoughts are unoriginal. 
I did experiments with substances 
but all it did was make me ill 
& I used to do the I Ching 
but then I had to feed the meter. 
Now I can't see into the future 
but at least I can use the heater. 
Oh it doesn't get much better than this 'cos this is how we live our glory days. 

Oh & I could be a genius 
if I just put my mind to it 
& I, I could do anything
if only I could get 'round to it. 
Oh we were brought up on the Space-Race, 
now they expect you to clean toilets. 
When you have seen how big the world is how can you make do with this? 
If you want me I'll be sleeping in -
sleeping in throughout these glory days.

These glory days can take their toll, 
so catch me now before I turn to gold. Yeah we'd love to hear your story 
just as long as it tells us where we are - 
that where we are is where we're meant
to be. 
Oh come on make it up yourself - 
you don't need anybody else. 
& I promise I won't sell these days to anybody else in the world but you. 
No-one but you...
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh.


The Day After The Revolution.
(Cocker, Banks, Dolye, Mackey, Webber)

The dust has settled, 
replaced the bulbs in all the lights. 
I guess I'll get no sleep tonight. 
A revolution happened. 
Oh, sorry you haven't heard? 
We are the children of the new world. 
If you're quiet you can watch if you like. They say the future's beginning tonight. Whole empires will crumble. Civilisations will fall. 
Lie on the bed, hear the sound of it all. No anger, no guilt & no sorrow: 
it sounds unlikely, I know, but tomorrow you will wake up to find that your whole life has changed. 
Although nothing looks different a revolution took place.

I love the way you do it, 
I love the way you put them on. 
You know the answers but you get it
wrong. (Just to confuse things). 
Why did it seem so difficult to realise a simple truth? 
The revolution begins & ends with you. 

Now all the breakdowns 
& nightmares look small. 
Now we decided not to die after all. Because the meek shall inherit absolutely nothing at all. 
If you stopped being so feeble you could have so much more. 
The answer was here.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Tus comentarios serán revisados (para evitar el Spam) y publicados en breve.

No tenemos descargas de música (NO music downloads).

Gracias!

Rockronología Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Con tecnología de Blogger.
·